About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

HANGING WITH MY GIRLS


Well today was one of those days, you know it is Saturday and you still get up early to go to the gym. I did and ran my 3 miles on the treadmill this morning. I then went to the dreaded wal-mart to get my tires spin balanced and rotated. It is a free service but you get there and they tell you it will be about an hour, 3 hours later you are leaving. I think I know every square inch of wal-mart now. That was more than I wanted, I will not need to see inside wal-mart for a while. As I said it is Saturday and after all that I already did I got home and was checking my e-mail and it hit me, let's go swimming. I told the girls let's go swimming and they looked at me like I was silly or something. Then they said where and I said the YMCA. It took them by surprise that I even mentioned it or even suggested it. I like to keep my girls on there toes and every once in a while just go and do something off the cuff. Now swimming in the middle of winter, that is off the cuff if you ask me. I had a great time hanging with my girls, they are 12 and 14. I better take advantage of it now before I am gone for a year and missing them tremendously. When I told my wife she laughed and said have fun and the girls will love it. We did and had a great time too. Now is the time to spend a lot of quality time with family before you are gone. Well that is all for now we are going to sit back and watch a movie or something. Have a good night and will write again soon.

3 comments:

AirmanMom said...

Good for you! These precious moments are beautiful memories down the road. Not just while you are away, but when they are grown and living on their own. It all goes by so fast. Wasn't it yesterday they were babies?
You are a devoted dad, a good man and a brave soldier!

~AM

Citizen Soldier said...

Thanks for the compliments. I like hanging with my girls.

soldier fun said...

Hi
You have a good blog.
Please visit my fun blog on:
http://www.soldierfun.blogspot.com
Be happy

Blog Archive