About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

SUNDAY MORNING.

Well it is Sunday morning and it is a day that I look forward too. It's the day I get to go to church and worship my Lord. I am a christian and yes I am also a soldier and the two work real good together. I think one of the other things I enjoy about Sunday is my class. I am a Sunday school teacher and I love to teach because the Lord just seems to work through the subject I am teaching. He seems to give me ideas and words to say that are not in my outline but it always fits. This lesson I am teaching is titled "In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day". The author is Mark Batterson and this week's lesson is on fear. We all have fear at times especially when you have an upcoming deployment. I do not feel the fear yet because we are still far away but as the time comes closer you start to think about it more. The one thing this week's lesson is teaching is you have to face your fears and that helps you get over them and it also helps knowing you have a God that is right there with you going through this fear with you. I believe He helps us get through them but letting us go through them and learning about what we just went through. If He took it all away all the time life would be boring and easy. We all know that it is the challenges of life that makes our life interesting. The main topic this book is talking about is this, what if the life you really wanted, and the future God want's for you, is hiding right now in your biggest problem, your worst failure..... your greates fear? Let's face our problem's, our failures, and our fears and let God guide us through them. I am ready to teach my lesson because I know once I get there God will be there helping me teach. Thanks for reading and I hope you get something out of it.

1 comment:

AirmanMom said...

cs...this is my first visit to your blog. I enjoy your writing style and your words. I'll be back to read you again soon!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Blog Archive