About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

ANOTHER WEEKEND CLOSER TO LEAVING.

Well we had a normal two day drill this weekend. It felt really weird just going for two days and not three and four like we have been doing. We will be on a normal schedule until September when we leave for our three week annual training. Right now we are getting ready for a PT test in July and I am going to try and beat my old score of 256. That is a good score for a man who is 44 and still beating these young guys in my unit. The one thing I learned with the National Guard is you need to stay in shape on your own. That is one thing that I do and I lead by example. I guess it is just pride but I love getting out there and pushing these young guys by yelling that they should not let this old man beat them. I always do and I know one day they will get even with me. Well as for me I am getting my mind ready and I just ordered some cd's on how to speak in Iraq language, this shall be fun. Well I am glad that I have this blog it is always good to look back at what I did write about. One thing I am glad for is a very supportive family and that is what you need to get by. Have a good day.

6 comments:

coffeypot said...

The family IS the backbone of any person in the service. Keeping them safe and knowing they will be there for you makes the other stuff bearable.

Citizen Soldier said...

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

AirmanMom said...

Stay Strong!
Pray Hard!
~AM

ABNPOPPA said...

That's a great score. Being 44 isn't quite over the hill yet CS. Wait til those daughters give you GRANDdaughters like me! Then you may start to feel older. Go for it! Never look back somebody may be gaining on you!!

God Bless,
Pops

Becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky said...

Hi! I was linked to you from another blog and just thought I'd drop in and say hi! Congrats on your last PT test score - that's awesome. Time does fly by when you're getting ready to deploy as well. When we found out my husband was leaving it was last july, and it seemed so far away - it flew by, and now here we are weeks away. Enjoy the time you have left!

Blog Archive