About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Saturday, June 27, 2009

PLEASE ALLOW ME TO VENT


Well a big thing happened this week, we lost two famous people, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. I am not venting about that but about the media. It is a shame that a person dies and 3 hours later we have a hour long show on their lives. Here is my vent, I am tired of seeing the news media give all this great attention to a sex symbol and a very weird man and not to our men and woman who gave the ultimate sacrifice this week. We had soldiers die and wounded this week and all we get is a little blurb. I believe that when we lose a soldier we need to honor them just like if they were famous and let the world know that this person gave the ultimate sacrifice. I am sorry for the loss of these people and the loss for their families but I have brothers and sisters fighting a war and dying for this country. Now that I am writing this I realized that what we do this for is so that the media can do what they want because we are fighting for the freedom of the press and the freedom of everyone else. I am sorry for complaining but I am glad that I am serving my country and getting ready to go over myself. I guess all I have to do is love my family and come back home. I know they are proud of me and I believe that is all that matters. Here is a pic of my family keep them in prayer after I leave. Thanks to some great blogs I have been following and I love reading all of them. Thanks for your support.

5 comments:

coffeypot said...

Beautiful family, C.S.

I agree that our servicemen and women need more coverage (other that when on does something stupid) and honor their sacrifices and service.

Farrah was a sad thing. She was courageous and had class till the end. All I can say about Michael is...Good.

AirmanMom said...

CS...I totally agree with you. It is wrong on so many levels, that our military does not get the respect and attention they justly deserve. I have not watched any of the national news this week, it simply is nauseating and wrong.
Don't you feel like screaming, "Wake up, America!!!"?
There are true heroes who do more for our country in one hour than these 'stars' do in a lifetime!
~AM

Becky said...

It's amazing what is considered news. Yes, my sympathies are with the families of these people - but how are they any different than the people in my life who have died? We all are going to have to answer for the way we lived our lives someday - no matter how much we were "worshipped" by fanatics here. My husband's battle buddy who never made it back from Iraq 6 years ago is more of a hero to me than someone like Michael Jackson will ever be - and that's the way it should be. Too bad more people can't see who the real heroes are in this country.

Mike Golch said...

I agree with you.when a service man or woman gives their life for our country they may be a footnote on the news.As for the hour long shows on a "celebs" death especily on a druggy! that stinks.

CI-Roller Dude said...

None of my friends killed in Iraq were anything less than great people.

Blog Archive