About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

MISSISSIPPI

I just got back from 3 weeks of training in Mississippi and I had a pretty good time. The one thing that really sticks out to me is, there is only one thing constant about the army and that is change. If you like to go to a place that is very hot and humid, Mississippi is the place to go. You can always count on a rain shower at some part of the day so the heat can get even stickier then it was. It seemed like it rained the same time everyday, just as we were going to chow it would rain and then we would have to eat in a wet uniform. As I look at it I had some really good training on the ranges and firing all these different weapons. We also qualified with the M-4 and the M-9, but I really enjoyed firing the 50 cal. Now that was fun feeling all that power in your finger tips, it was loud and I had a great time. The barracks there have a lot to be desired they are old and dusty. They are open bay barracks and once one person gets sick it just spreads to everyone else. You think all the money that goes through that place that they would be improvements and modernization but NO. We had a lot of soldiers go through there and they have a small PX and with that said you know there was always a line. All in all though I had a good time and got some good training. Now it won't be long until we go back there again to Mob and head out for our deployment. Well enough said there, I hope you all have a great day and everything comes your way. Remember there is a light at the end of the tunnel and with my luck it is probably a train.

4 comments:

CI-Roller Dude said...

Dude, the Army ain't going to fix up the old barracks that the Guard and Reserves use for deployment training..."One Army, One Fight...my ass."
I assume you ate the left over WWII food in the WWII mess hall.

Coffeypot said...

I assume that you will be living (if you call it that) in a POD when you are deployed. Those old barracks will seem like the Hilton in comparison.

AirmanMom said...

Both of my sons attended Tech School at Keesler in Biloxi...all I heard of was how much fun my oldest son had at Mardi Gras (he was 17 at the time!)
Be safe!
~AM

Hope said...

Happy Veteran's Day!
Thank you so much for your service.

hope

Blog Archive