About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

THE TIME HAS COME

Well I know what you are going to say, where have you been? I have just been around and keeping busy and did not have anything good to write about. Well as the title says the time has come, it is about a week to go and we have to report in and get ready to go. The time is finally here and reality is really sinking in and I am realizing that I am going to miss my family tremendously. We are heading for lovely Camp Shelby Mississippi on Dec 6Th and will be down there for approximately 2 months. Then we head to Iraq. I will try my best to keep up with the blogging while I am gone so this way you know if I am staying out of trouble or not. I am doing good and my family is doing good but I think the closer the day comes the harder it is going to be. I am actually looking forward to going and serving my country and I know this is what I signed up for. Well I just want you all to just say a prayer for me and most of all say a prayer for my family because I think they are going to need it. I have been away before and it has only been about a month but a year is going to be a different story. I think they are going to be fine and they have so much support around them with the church and her parents are here too. I promise to stay up and keep all my readers informed of what is going on from day to day. Well I need to go and I hope you all have a great day. I will write again soon.

6 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Bob, you and your family will be in my prayers. Send me you address and I will keep you as part of my care package squad. Thanks for serving and stay safe and be smart. Salute, dude.

CI-Roller Dude said...

Be safe and may the Force be with you. You may have to e-mail stuff to somebody in the states to keep blogging. Most of the military computers over there block access to the blog sites.
Try to not be to upset with the mostly useless training...they have to check the boxes...but please let me know if you actually get any training that is:
1.) Usefull
2.) Up to date
3.) Not off the wall shit some office puke dreamed up.

Be super safe
CI Roller Dude

ABNPOPPA said...

You will be in my prayers until your safe return. Also your family. This is what you have trained for. You are prepared and will do your job with the strength and honor you have been given by the Grace of G-d.

Pops

Emperor said...

Hey! I linked to your blog after finding you on CI's blog!

And CI is right, most of the computers block access to blogsites. But in a few places, the more stable FOBs, the Hajjis and Pakis have set up Internet Cafes. No restrictions!

Bucca has one right across from the DFAC. Which is awesome, because the Bucca DFAC is sorrounded by a maze of concrete barriers!

Good Luck! Be Safe!

And CI, you know that when First Army conducts the training, its always some office puke! And he will tell you this. He will tell you that you wont use this in country, and make you do it anyway!!!

LOL! First Army Hooah!

AirmanMom said...

I will be your prayer warrior, for the next two months while you prepare to deploy and while you are overseas. Please e-mail me or snail mail me your address when you get to Iraq and like Coffeypot...you will receive letters and packages from me. If you find it a challenge to post your words on your own blog...you are invited to guest post on my blog as often as you like. (good thought CI)
Your family will be in my prayers as well....I know the heaviness of their hearts.
Please post what is on your heart and mind these upcoming days and weeks, as much as possible. We care.
If you learn you are shipping out via BWI, let me know....I'll be there to see you off!
~AM

rosey said...

You are a great American and we support your mission in spite of what the MSM and the WH is doing! Thank you for your selfless sacrifices.........Hoorah

Blog Archive