About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

MISSISSIPPI

I have been down here for a while now and I still think that Camp Shelby sucks. The weather has been good then bad then good then bad. It just can't make up it's mind. The training is going good and I am glad to be getting it but I am ready to go and get my tour of duty started and done. My family seems to be doing good so far and I am calling everyday and hearing there voices. I am glad to be able to do that and just talk and video chat with them. They are coming down to visit me in a few weeks and I cannot wait to see them. It feels like it already has been forever but it has not. Well I am glad to be here and it seems like we are all getting along pretty good so far. That is a plus and we seem to still be able to laugh no matter how stupid some things get or how bad the weather is. I guess if we are still laughing things are still going OK. I hope the laughing continues.

4 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I can't see it anyother way for your family than laughing.

AirmanMom said...

Wishing you and your family much laughter. My thanks again to both you and your family for this sacrifice.
~AM

ABNPOPPA said...

Hang in there! you have the support and prayers of millions of Americana.

Pops

CI-Roller Dude said...

Wow! Good training? Things must have improved a lot since my Bosnia and Iraq deployments... For bosnia, we had 2 months of offthewall uselesscrap training before going on active duty, then 2 more months of stupid stuff.
Many of the methods they were training on things like how to search people were so wrong--if we ever actually had to do it, we would have died!

Iraq training was made up and done by people who never had and never would actually deploy but acted like they knew what they were doing....just more off the wall crap.
I never actually got any training on what my team had to do our first 4 months in Iraq (97Echo work) we had to figure it out when we got there. After being there 2 months I found an FM.
God I'm glad I can retire from the guard soon.

be careful.

Blog Archive