About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Monday, February 22, 2010

FINALLY MADE IT TO IRAQ

Well after spending 2 glorious months at lovely Camp Shelby Mississipi and then a great time in Kuwait I am finally here. We made it to Iraq destination is to remain unonimous for secerity reasons. The weather here is not bad so far and I know it will be getting hotter. I spent the last couple of days doing the army stupid stuff. Let me explain we had to get all our gear on a bus instead of a truck like we were suppose to get and then we had to cram in the bus and find our seats. All this time we have gear on our laps and then we do the hurry up and wait thing. The bus did not have the air running and so we sit with gear in our laps and we are sweating because of the heat. Wait it gets better, then we finally get moving and we get to our destination. Guess what happens next we have to get off the bus, now remember our gear is on our laps and go make sure our weapons are cleared in the clearing barrel before we can go into the FOB we were going to. I believe this was the reason I got out the first time. I thought after being out 15 years things would have changed but no they have not. I think it is just the stupid people from when I was in before just moved up in rank and are stupid still but getting paid more now. Well enough complaining I am doing fine and since this is my first full day here, I will not complain to much. I hope everyone who reads this is doing good.

9 comments:

CI-Roller Dude said...

Just wait til' summer...drink lots of water... be safe.

Coffeypot said...

Now the fun behins. Be safe, SC, shoot straight downrange.

Amanda West said...

Good luck, Man.

I'll keep in my prayers. Stay safe.

Hope said...

Hi CS. I have some people who want to take your group on while you are on deployment. Please let me know if you are interested. I edit for Castra Praetoria and contribute on World on Terror News...been in milsupport for about four years. I would have sent this via email, but I didn't find a link. Anyway we were approached with an offer of help from some civilians here thru Kent State, but the CP author is now assigned to Bahrain and not in as much need for support. Let me know at your convenience if you are interested of have another unit you to whom you might refer. Thanks in advance. Hope hstrueby@live.com

~J said...

But it m i g h t be better than Mississippi??? Well... haha just trying to make you smile. :)

Take care...stupid is running rampant.

Mike Golch said...

CS,I came for a visit from AirmanMom's site.Thank you for serving Our Great Country!I am now following you.

AirmanMom said...

Please e-mail your address to me, I'll get a package to you!
Godspeed!
~AM

ABNPOPPA said...

Ditto for me Get me an address and I will see you get some stuff too! Be safe and God Bless.

Will be praying for your safe return

Pops

CI-Roller Dude said...

Did I ever tell you the story...one day when I was in Iraq. We were driving through ...uh, Baghdad I think, or it could have been Fallujah...I forget...anyway.
We saw this guy on the roof of his house with a carpet thrown over a rope.
The Iraqi was beating on the carpet...and I yelled out: "What's wrong, won't it start?"

Nobody else got it either.

Blog Archive