About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

FRIENDSHIPS

There are a few good things that came out of this deployment and one of those things are the friendships that I have made. You really don't think about it much but all along you were friends but on a different level. I have posted in an earlier blog about the friends I have made and how people are different when you get to be with them 24/7 and you see there little quirks. Some of the people that I have hung out with, they will just stay acquaintances but some have become good friends. Like my roommate for instance, we were good friends before we were deployed but since we hung out together and shared the same room our friendship has grown. I believe that friendship moved on to a whole new level. I know things will change once we get out of here but our friendship has grown. I am really glad for that because they know how we are and if this ever happens again and we get deployed together, we can request that we room together.
Now let me tell you about another friend that I got close to while I was over here. That friend is my wife. She has been a real trooper while I have been gone and you don't realize what you got until it is not there everyday. I have to thank technology because they let me see her everyday on Skype and that is a great tool to have. I was told once that you have to get close to God and you can get closer together. That is what we did we got closer to God during our separation and as we got closer to Him we got closer together. The way I can explain this is imagine a triangle and God is at the top. Now put yourself and your wife on each side of the triangle. As you get closer to God you get closer to each other. We had a saying that we ended our letters with and that was "See you at the top" or "Still climbing".
I am proud to say that come this October I will have been married to my best friend for 20 years. Sometimes you don't like to be apart but sometimes being apart brings you closer together. I love you Vickie.

2 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Wives/husbands and Moms deserve medals, too. They are the backbone of any service man/woman deployed and suffer more just from the unknown and mind devils. You are a lucky man, SC.

CI-Roller Dude said...

Make sure to keep in touch with those you deployed with.
I deployed to Iraq with my "home" Guard unit, but when we got to Kuwait, they "gave" a bunch of us to a "real" Army unit. I had people on my team from other states...later when I was the NCOIC of all our teams, I had a mix of guard, reserve and reg Army folks on my teams.
I've kept in touch with some of them and tried to track down others.
I was proud to have worked with almost all of them.

Blog Archive