About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Monday, July 19, 2010

RESPECT

I was always told that respect is earned and not given. I was also told that you must respect the position even if you don't respect the person. I guess this is a griping day for me. I looked up the word respect in the dictionary and it said it is a deference to a right, privileged position, or someone or something considered to have certain rights or privileges; proper acceptance or courtesy; acknowledgement; respect for a persons rights; to show respect for the flag; respect for the elderly. The condition of being esteemed or honored; to be held in respect.

Now the reason I wrote this is I have to give respect to a position and not the person. I have met some people who I respect them and there position and that is awesome. I have to many people that I have to report to in whom I do not respect them as a person. I do it because of there position over me. I am not sure if this is wrong but with everyday that goes on that respect keeps diminishing. It is a shame that a lot of the guys that are under this person is losing respect for this person too. I know when I get home I will miss a few of these guys but there is some I won't even say goodbye too. I guess the respect is being lost because of hearing "it is a team thing" and when we do things as a team this person is not there and I feel if it is a team thing the whole team should be there. It is coming down to "Do as I say and not as I do" and that is something I won't do when I become in charge of a group. Well enough griping for today and I am glad I have a place to vent and thanks for letting me do it. Have a great day.

2 comments:

Coffeypot said...

We have all met those kind of, loosely said, leaders. They are not leaders, but appointers. Yet they will take the credit for your accomplishments and focus the blame on you when the outcome isn't favorable. You keep doing your job and those in the know will respect you for it. The worst leader we have now is in the White House. Nuf said!

CI-Roller Dude said...

This is the Real World. I do this:
I respect everybody, then they have to work to loose that respect.

I found lots of folks in the military and law enforcement that are in leadership positions ( and some not) whom I have a lot of respect for...but, there are also a few who I have no respect for and think are Oxygen Bandits.

Some use their position for their own gain---this is the worst kind of leader. Others are just retards.

Blog Archive