About Me

My Photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

HOME AT LAST.




Today is a very special day and the reason it is special is I am at home. I am sitting here drinking coffee and updating my blog in my own house. Oh what a feeling. I arrived home around noon time on the 2nd of August. It was so nice to see my family in person and not on skype or hearing them on the phone. I guess you can say I will miss the guys I have been hanging out with over the past year but there is some I will not think about again. It was a very special day to get that hug from your family and just feel them in your arms. My daughters were excited and just seeing the change in them was great. One change was when I left they had braces and now they are off. I cannot say it enough but I am so glad to be home. I think one of the good things is I can wear what I want now and not wear that uniform for a while. I get to make the decision on what to wear and not wear. It was really great to see my loving wife and just see her smile at me the way she does and she looked great when when she picked me up too. Now it is time to unpack everything and get back to the world of being a civilian again. I really missed my family and I hope this does not happen again for a long time, at least I know now that they can handle it and be OK. Well I am going to go and enjoy this day.

5 comments:

CI-Roller Dude said...

Welcome home, relax, enjoy the fresh air, the family...then get back to work (that's what I was told by my boss at the PD when I got home.)

Mike Golch said...

I thank you for your service,Welcome Home!

Coffeypot said...

Good to have you home and safe. I bet the last few miles were the longest in you life. Now put on some shorts, a t-shirt and flip flops and chill. You deserve it.

One day I hope you blog about the one’s you won’t miss and why. Sounds like good blogging material.

Renee said...

Welcome Home!!

Miss Em said...

So GLAD you finially made it to the arms of your loved ones.
Put your feet, up have a beer or 2 and stuff your face with your wife's good home cookin.

BTW...Thank you for all you went through to protect the home-front walls and all who are huddled behind them.

Miss Em

Share it

Blog Archive