About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

RELAXING


Well it has been almost a week since I got home and it feels great. I spent the last few days just hanging with my family. We went to the movies and just got caught up on everything that I missed. I even went back to the gym this week and now I know that I am out of shape( round is a shape). Things are going great though just relaxing. I do not go back to my job until the 23rd of this month. It is good still getting paid by the military. Today we are having an open house for all my friends and family. My wife has it arranged for people to come by between 3 and 7 today. This way if they are not at church tomorrow or working tomorrow that can stop by and see me and welcome me home. I am getting back into my groove again and now I am looking at the grass and saying that it needs to be cut again. Well I just thank God that I am home and my whole unit came home safe. We had no problems. Well thanks to everyone for your prayers and your support.

3 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Where's the brewskie?

ABNPOPPA said...

A little late but glad you are home safe and sound. And, a very hearty THANKS for keeping my family safe.

Pops

CI-Roller Dude said...

I'm glad you made it home safe. Now, listen to these words...make the most of what you did. It will take a while to get back to normal...trust me...it will.
Enjoy every minute of your life...and have prepared answers for all the silly questions citizens will ask you.
I came up with:
1.) Did you kill anybody?- Not yet, but you're starting to piss me off.

2.) Do you have PTSD? Yes, and I didn't take my meds today and you're pissing me off.

3.) What was it like? It was sandy, dirty and smelled like camel shit all the time.

4.) Will you have to go back? Yeah, tomorrow, you wanna' come with me?

Blog Archive