About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Monday, September 6, 2010

DISTRACTIONS

I was at church yesterday and our pastor talked about distractions and I started to think about all the things that stop me from serving Him properly. I started wondering about some of the things that distract me and I realized Facebook was one of them. I get up in the morning and the first thing I want to do is check and see what is going on in Facebook world. It is a great little gadget but it keeps me distracted. How many times a day do you go to it just to change your status or see if there are any new updates. It has become a distraction to me so I am taking a break from it for a week and just not get on it. Now think about what is distracting you and maybe you need to take a break from it for a while. I also noticed that we are always so busy that as soon as we get out of bed in the morning we are already thinking about the day and wondering where we need to start and how are we going to do it. I start my day off with God and it is always a great way to start my day. So just sit back and think about things that distract you and stop you from doing other things or stop you from just concentrating on our Lord and savior. I will be back on Facebook in a week but it is just good to sit back and take a break with no distractions. I hope you can find what is distracting you and just take a break from it.

2 comments:

Sarge Charlie said...

I read your profile and it made me proud.

Mandie said...

Good post. I think I need to do that for a week. I agree too many distractions... How are we suppose to hear God when we never stop to listen?

Blog Archive