About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

RUNNING

Have you ever watched runners as they are running? I am writing this because I am a runner and I enjoy running. I have always noticed before I got into running is that runners never seem happy. Now I know why because it is hard work putting in all those miles that we do. I got to say and I will be honest and that is when I start running I need about a half mile or so to get my groove.  Once I get going it seems to get a little easier until you hit that first hill and then you are saying to yourself" why am I doing this". I am out there at 5am and I try to do anywhere from 3 to 4 miles every time I run.  I am also very aware now that I am a runner to watch them as they are running especially on the roads. I know we are not special but we need to watch them so we do not hit them. I am one of these people who run against traffic. I tell my wife that I run that way so I can see the face of the guy who is going to hit me. I guess you could say I want to be the last thing that goes through his mind. She does not like me talking like that so I don't. I am really enjoying running and I hope to be able to do it for a long time. Another reason I like it is that I am older than a lot of guys in my platoon. I always tell them that you need to beet me in running and so I give them a goal to meet. Kids now a days are just lazy and they have not beaten me yet. Well I got to run talk to you later.

4 comments:

Renee said...

I've tried running in the recent past - only doing a 5k. This morning at the gym I actually ran on the treadmill - a first in a long time! I admire people who run just because they enjoy it! I want to be like that!

(Thanks for your comment on my post! Yeah, it's rough for Rich to be older, wiser and more field/deployment expereicne than the 20-something officers new out of college or OTC. It drives him crazy that the young guys have no work ethic and talk the biggest BS!)

Hope you and your family are doing well!

Coffeypot said...

I thought about running, but instead grabbed a beer and fell on the couch with my eyes closed tight ‘till the feeling passed. Scared the shit out of me.

AirmanMom said...

Good for you, keeping the young ones challenged!!!!
~AM

CI-Roller Dude said...

I NEVER did like running. I do like hiking and walking. But I always hated running...even when I had to do it every day in the regular army.

Blog Archive