About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

HE RESTORES MY SOUL

This weeks lesson was very good and we talked about being in a jungle and how the jungle is. I have been to Panama for jungle training and the jungle is a very pretty place to be. If you ever get a chance to go then go. I have never seen so many different colors of green. The jungle can also be a very dangerous place. Now I want you to imagine yourself in the jungle and you stop to rest and you close your eyes for just a few minutes and when you open them up you are all alone. You are stuck in the middle of nowhere and you are not equipped for where you are. If it were the city you can find your way out, but we are in a jungle and everything looks the same. You do not have the tools to get you out either, no machete, no knife, no compass, no nothing.

When we are lost there are a lot of emotions that come to our minds and that is Fear, Anxiety, Anger, and the biggest one is HOPELESSNESS. With hopelessness you have no idea what to do or where to turn. Sometimes you just want to sit on a log and bury your head in your hands and just cry. You will start to say that I will never get out of here. Hopelessness is the bottom of the barrel and can you imagine yourself being that low, can you imagine just for a moment just how that feels. I will share more on hopelessness personally at the end of this blog.

For many people life as they know it is a jungle and they are trying there best to get through the jungle and make it through safely. You know when we are lost we feel hopeless but sometimes a little light comes into our path and that light could be another person or things start to look familiar. I guess being a man I do not like to stop and ask for directions, sometimes we have to or even get more lost. You know we have a shepherd and our shepherd majors in restoring hope to the soul or helping us find hope again when we are lost. He restores my soul;He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake Psalm 23:3. Whether you are a lamb lost on a craggy ledge or a city slicker lost in the jungle, everything changes when your rescuer appears. Your loneliness diminishes, because you have fellowship. Your despair decreases, because you have vision. Your confusion begins to lift, because you have direction. Just think of the feeling you get when you arrive safely at your destination.

I will lift up my eyes to the hills From whence comes my help?  My help comes from the LORD,Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber.Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep. The LORD is your keeper; The LORD is your shade at your right hand. The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night. The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul Psalm 121:1-7. God your rescuer, Has the right vision: He has seen the homeland. He has the right direction: He has cut a path, but most of all He is the right person, for He is our God. Who know the jungle better than the One who made it? And who knows the pitfalls of the path better than the one who has walked it.

The story is told of a man on an African safari deep in the jungle. The guide before him had a machete and was whacking away the tall weeds and thick underbrush. The traveler, wearied and hot, asked in frustration, "Where are we? Do you know where you are taking me? Where is the path?" The seasoned guide stopped and looked back at the man and replied, " I am the path."

We ask the same questions of Jesus don't we. Where are you taking me? Where is the path? and He like the guide says "I am the path just follow the guide. Jesus gave us Himself as a guide through this life and sometimes we are in a jungle and we feel hopeless, we need to remember that Jesus does not remove the jungle He just gives us HOPE to get through it and make it safely.

Well as I said earlier I have been in a place of pure hopelessness and it occurred over 15 years ago. I was at the end of my rope and just about to fall off. I could not hang on anymore and it seemed the more I tried the harder it was. I thought it was all I could do just to hang on and I felt like I have lost everything and I could have. I was a christian at the time so we all go through problems but I have a Savior who was there to get me through the hopelessness that I was going through. As I was praying I kept hearing these words to just hang on and together we can get through this. Today I am teaching other adults about God's glory and how in life we need a shepherd to guide us through the jungle and I had that Shepherd to guide me down that path. I love serving the Lord and my life shows it now. Thank you Lord for everything.

My lesson this week was from Max Lucado's book Traveling Light. Thanks for letting me share.

1 comment:

mcca17 said...

Hi, following your blog, you might want to check mine out.

Blog Archive