About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Monday, February 21, 2011

IMAGINE

It is funny the things that go through your head while you are working out. You start imagining things like, I could be in bed, I wish I were finished, or I wonder what is going to be going on this week. Our minds are a very powerful instrument. To prove it to you I want you to think about your earliest childhood memory. Mine goes back to when I was around 6 and I had a big wheel tricycle with 2 gears, high and low. It is amazing that we can remember stuff from so long ago. Today we still use our imaginations and we think about the future or we run thoughts through our heads about what we are going to say to one another when we meet. I remember as a boy imagining I was a cowboy or a fireman. I remember playing war with my friends and imagining me as the hero. I looked up imagine in the dictionary and it means to form a mental image of something that is not present or that is not the case. We all use our imaginations for one thing or another. You can also find the word imagine in the bible. Psalm 41:7 All my enemies whisper together against me; they imagine the worst for me, saying, Proverbs 18:11 The wealth of the rich is their fortified city; they imagine it a wall too high to scale, Proverbs 23:33 Your eyes will see strange sights, and your mind will imagine confusing things.

Now with all that said can you imagine standing before the Lord, what would you do? Here is a great song for you to use your imagination.

I can only imagine

What it will be like
When I walk
By your side

I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When your face
Is before me
I can only imagine

I can only imagine

[Chorus:]
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all

I can only imagine
I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When that day comes
When I find myself
Standing in the Son

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever
Forever worship You
I can only imagine

I can only imagine

[Chorus]
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel

Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all


I can only imagine [x2]

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you
I can only imagine

I can only imagine. Now I need you to imagine this, what will the Lord say to you? Will He say "Well done good and faithful servant" or will He say " Depart from me for I do not know you." You can only imagine.

Here is the link for the song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LonOTKVmkeo

4 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Renee said...

My minds seems to wander A LOT when I'm at the gym. What should I do next? What cardio will I do after weights? This is getting old and kind of boring. Why have those dogs tags been hanging on the key board for a month now? Shouldn't someone be worried about finding them? What time is it?

I imagine I will have a great deal to talk to God about! Whenever I have questions of "Why?" my Daddy would always tell me 'to ask God when I get there'. I have a lot of 'why' questions.

I always enjoy your blogs...thanks for sharing!

Lloyd said...

I want to personally thank you for being a member of our military. Freedom does not come cheap and I know, being a veteran myself, that the job takes a toll on you and your family.

"I Can Only Imagine" is probably one of those songs that gets to my soul and think more about our Lord then most Hymnals. God bless you and your blog ministry. Lloyd

covnitkepr1 said...

I have added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit my blog and become a follower also.

Blog Archive