About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

WHAT'S YOUR MOTIVATION

So I am going to start off with a question. What motivates you? Now why the question well I needed to get motivated this morning for my long run of the day. I woke up at 4:30 am just because nature called and on my way to the bathroom I noticed my ankle was a little sore. So immediately I thought well I can't run today. I was thinking of excuses to not run, I believe it was just pure laziness and I did not want to run. One of the excuses was, I had to take my daughter into church this morning for a youth function and it made me have to run at a later time than usual. That became an excuse for not to run. I guess sometimes you cannot listen to the little voices in your head telling you not to do something. I am glad I did not listen and went out and did. I ran my 6.2 miles this morning and it turned out to be a great day. I guess you can say my motivation came from the NIKE slogan, "Just Do It." I just went out and did it and glad I did. I think one of the things you need while running is just a great attitude and some great music. So now back to my question I started with. What motivates you?

2 comments:

ABNPOPPA said...

What a great thought. I bet I could have found about 100 more reasons not to run but you, you did it. You are an inspiration... Not to run 6.2 miles but....just to DO IT! Whatever that might be.

God Bless

Pops

Cheeseboy said...

When I need motivation to go running, I take off my shirt and dance around the living room. My wife boots me out and says "Go running!" Not saying it will work for you, but it might.

Blog Archive