About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

WORRY

Have you ever heard a ten year old say " I don't have a pension plan". How about a four year old say " I will never pass college chemistry" or a eight year old say " I will be a rotten parent, what if I set a poor example for my kids". You never hear kids say that because they are not worried about stuff like that but as adults we worry. Worry is the burlap bag of burdens. It's overflowing with whaddifs and howells. Whaddif it rains at my wedding. Howell I know when to discipline my kids. Whaddif I marry a guy or girl who snores. Howell we pay our baby's tuition. Whaddif after all my dieting they learn that lettuce is fattening and chocolate isn't. Worry divides the mind. Anxiety splits our energy between today's priorities and tomorrow's problems. Part of our mind is on the now; the rest is on the not yet. The result is half minded thinking. Anxiety is an expensive habit. Of course, it might be worth the cost if it worked. But it doesn't. Our frets are futile. Matthew 6:27 says Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life. Worry has never brightened a day, solved a problem, or cured a disease.

A good place to start is in Psalm 23:2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,

he leads me beside quiet waters. He leads me. " God isn't behind me, yelling, GO." He is in front of me, bidding, COME". He is in front, clearing the path, cutting the brush, and showing the way. He leads us and tells us what we need to know when we need to know it. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Heb 4:16 NLT. God's help is timely. He places Himself between you and the need and at the right time He gives you what you need. God leads us. God will do the right thing at the right time and what a difference that makes. Since I know that his provision is timely. I can enjoy the present.

Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. Matt 6:34.  God will meet all your need "when the time comes". The key is this: Meet today's problems with today's strength. Don't start tackling tomorrow's problems until tomorrow. You do not have tomorrow's strength yet. You simply have enough for today.

God isn't going to let you see the distant scene either. So you might as well quit looking for it. He promises a lamp unto our feet, not a crystal ball into the future. We do not need to know what will happen tomorrow. We only need to know He leads us and " we will find grace to help us when we need it.

I guess this weeks lesson was for me as I taught it. I tend to worry a lot and that is not trusting God. I guess God puts us in places for us to learn so even a sSunday school teacher can learn from what he is teaching. So let's just concentrate on today and put tomorrow off until tomorrow. This lesson was taken from Max Lucado's book Traveling Light. I am so glad God let's me teach His word. Have a great day.








No comments:

Blog Archive