About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

FLASHBACK TO THE 80'S

I was at the gym the other day doing my workout and I heard a great song and it really made me laugh and think. I seem to be doing a lot of thinking and remembering while I am at the gym. I guess if I really need to think about something then I will go to the gym and think about it. It just might work well now let me get off that rabbit trail. I started thinking about the 80's, what a great decade that was. We had such great groups like Journey, Foreigner, AC/DC, Van Halen and many many more. The flash back I had was do you remember backward masking and the great controversy there was around the rock music. People were saying there were satanic messages in the song if you played it backwards. I remember this well because it became a big thing and at one point in my life I really believed it. Now that I am older and I look back on it and I realize how stupid this really was. There is a christian comedian who had this as a topic and he said that if we do play our records backwards then maybe we need to hear a message from Satan. I thought that was funny and he also said that if we played it backwards maybe the message is "Hey your going the wrong way." I think it is funny how over the years we have so much stuff that people are against and sometimes when you are against it and you protest it it just makes people want to do it all the more. So now I am going to ask you a question did you ever try playing a record backwards to hear what it said? Well now back to what I heard on my ipod while I was at the gym. What really got me thinking was that the only music that had a message in it backwards was rock music. Well the song I heard was a country song and you play it forwards and you can hear the message. It is a song by Rascal Flatts and here is the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHeL-6jMgNA I hope you enjoyed it as much as I have. Now let's just keep playing them forward.

1 comment:

Coffeypot said...

Funny song, but there isn't a lot of stuff in my life that I would want back...maybe a flat stomach and good eyesight...and all the money I blew.

Blog Archive