About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Monday, March 14, 2011

THE OLD GUYS

I started this blog off as the old guys and here is why. What is going on with are yound men and woman this day and age. I guess it all comes down to how we were brought and raised up. Now what I am about to say does not represent all young people but it does represent most. I have been brought and raised up to work hard and do it until you are done. This day in age we are finding ways to do things by creating shortcuts and things are not being done right. Well as I said before I am 45 years old and I am in the National Guard and we have our PT test coming up and this is a test that needs to be passed if you want to go to schools or even get promoted. Our PT test consists of push-ups, sit-ups, and a 2 mile run. You do have guidelines on how many you need to do in 2 minutes to pass and it is not that hard to just pass it. The 2 mile run is the same thing you have a time limit what you need to pass it. Well I took mine today and to just pass it you need to get a score of 180.  Well I got a score of 275 and if you look back up and see my age. I am writing this because I have a friend who is in the Guard with me and he is just a few years younger than me and he passed. Someone came up to him and said how come all the old guys are passing the PT test. He got a little offended by it but I told him it is a good compliment. We were brought and raised up differently than the younger kids today. We make plans and we know the PT test is coming up and we start working on it so we can pass it and the younger generation just don't do that. I guess they don't think they will fail it because they are so much younger than us old guys. I am proud to being an old guy and kicking some young kids butt in PT. I guess I am proud but I work hard at it. In the Guard we don't really do PT on a regular basis because we meet one weekend a month but us old guys realize that and we train on our own. I am very proud to be among the old guys. We need to start showing these young kids the way things should be. I guess that is why my daughters don't just get things handed to them and sometimes you got to earn your keep. They are going to do great in life. Well old guys let's get out there and start hunting them down and show these young guys what hard work is.

2 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Rub it in their face. Let them know how weak they are. Maybe it will motivate them.

Renee said...

You know, my husband is an old guy too and is in way better shape than that some of the younger Soldiers! At (almost) 47 he can run circles around most!

Cheers for the 'old' folks!!!

Blog Archive