About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

THREE DAY WEEKENDS

Well here you are looking at a three day weekend and you think "wow I can sleep in." Well have you ever noticed that you work harder on a three day weekend than you do on a regular weekend. Let me share mine, mine started out on Friday morning and yes I thought I would sleep in a little bit. Yes I guess you can say I did sleep in because I am usually up at 4:30 and I got up at 6. My day started out around 7:30 and I was cutting up 2 trees that fell down from one of the storms that hit us 2 weeks ago here in Tennessee. The trees that fell were not mine but unfortunately they fell on to my property so my neighbor and I took care of them and got them all cut up. From there I was able to cut the grass where the trees have fallen and it was probably 1 foot high in that area. Then it was off to the church for our Easter play practice. I am playing a Roman soldier and my job in the play is to whip Jesus and put him on the cross. It is really a tough role because it really makes you think. Well here it is Saturday morning and I was up at 6 and now I am ready to get the rest of the grass cut and then back to church for play practice again. I look forward to Sundays because for me it is a day of rest and yes when I get home from church I start thinking about all the things I can be doing but I don't do it because it is a day of rest. You know I was thinking about a saying that I always say after working so hard on a weekend and that saying is " I can't wait to get back to work and get some rest." Well it is 7: 30 am and I need to get going and get started so I can get finished. I am looking forward to my day of rest and I can just relax.
Now this is the life

Well I need to stop thinking about relaxing and get to work. I hope everyone has a great weekend and Happy Easter to all. Remember this is the day the Lord has made.

2 comments:

Sarge Summers said...

Great blog my friend! I only read a handful of these, but yours is something special...

Thanks,


Sarge Summers

Coffeypot said...

Playing the Roman soldier shouldn't have been that bad it you forgot about who you were supposed to be torturing and thought, instead, that you were 'training' an errant PFC. You do beat them, don't you?

Blog Archive