About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Monday, July 4, 2011

TIME TO GET BACK TO WORK AND GET SOME REST.

Well as I said in my blog before, I took this last week off to help our youth group to sell fireworks and I was the night security. Well tonight is going to be my last night sleeping on the pavement with my aluminum bat in tow. I live in Hendersonville TN and we had our fireworks display last night on the 3rd and our church has the hospitality tent for our city. It is just a very big tent we set up so that people can come and sit down with there food and just get out of the direct sunlight for a break. This year our church gave out free watermelon to anybody who wanted it. We did have a surprise this year and someone donated over 600 Klondike Bars to give away. I also worked this tent all day on the 3rd. I got there around 12 in the afternoon and did not get home until almost midnight, that made for a very long day. It was interesting when you ask people if they want watermelon or ice cream and they look at you funny. I told them it was free and it is like a big smile comes on your face because everything and I mean everything tastes so much better when it is free. We had a great fireworks display and our city out did themselves again. Well now I need to get ready to take that hour long drive to spend the night on my favorite parking lot right outside Wal-mart. Well I hope everyone had a great weekend and a very safe holiday. I have one more day off tomorrow and back to work on Wednesday. That is when my rest will come and then in a week and a half I head to lovely Camp Shelby MS for my annual training with the National Guard.  Y'all have a great night.

2 comments:

Coffeypot said...

You're a good man, Charlie Brown. Proud to know ya.

Renee said...

Sounds like a very eventful week! I hope the firework sale was successful for your youth group!

Now, stop playing around and get back to work!

Blog Archive