About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

COME TO THE TABLE

   This Sunday morning like we always do the board prays for our Pastor before Sunday service. After we got done praying he was telling us how he would like to do communion this Sunday. He told us he would like the congregation to come up and get communion instead of us passing it out to them. Then he said something that hit me really hard. He said he wanted the congregation to come to the table instead of the table coming to them. I don't know why this hit me so hard but it has me thinking on the phrase " Come to the table."

   Now I looked up that phrase and some scripture versus that tell us to come are found in Exodus 24:12 (NLT) Then the LORD said to Moses, “Come up to me on the mountain. Stay there, and I will give you the tablets of stone on which I have inscribed the instructions and commands so you can teach the people.”

   God is telling us come up to Him. He could of came down but it is the act of obedience when He said "Come up to me." He is wanting us to come to the table and be with Him. He is sitting there waiting for us to come and we just sit back waiting for Him to come to us. The reason I am writing this is because of the excuses I hear why people left a church. This is probably the number one excuse and it is the one I hear the most. Have you figured out the excuse yet? The excuse is "I am not being fed."

   I think they are not being fed is because they are not entering in and really looking to see what the Lord will do for them if they just come to the table. This Sunday morning we had an alter service that was for everyone and a lot of people did respond. I happen to open my eyes and look around and see people still at their seats and they were not handicapped so they could of come.

   I can just see in my mind the Lord saying " I have so much to give you if you would just Come to the table and see what I have to offer. It also says in Matthew 11:28 (NLT) Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. He is just waiting for us to come to Him and receive what He is offering.

   The only other thing I can think of when I hear the excuse "I am not being fed" is maybe they just are not hungry. We should always be hungry for the Lord in all aspects of our lives. We need to come to Him and not sit back and wait because some times if we wait we miss out on so much He has for us.

   It say in John 7:37(NIV) On the last and greatest day of the festival, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, “Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. So maybe we need to get hungry or thirsty for the Lord and start being fed the way we need to. Maybe it is time to stop saying "I am not being fed" and start saying "Lord feed me as I come to you."

   Let's come to the table and see what is being served and you just might be surprised at what you find at the table.

No comments:

Blog Archive