About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Friday, June 15, 2012

I CRIED TODAY

   The last 2 days my wife and I was at Lipscomb University with my daughter. We were there for orientation because she will be spending the next 4 years there for college. We were sitting in classes all day learning about the college and what to expect. It was what you call information overload and they kept cramming it in. The one good thing about it was the days were beautiful and the campus is real nice and the best part is it is only 40 minutes from home. She will be living on campus so she will not be around the house that much anymore except for weekends.

    Well the day was getting rough and we were both suffering from information overload and she wanted to go find a swing. Throughout the campus they have these swings that look like a porch swing.We went out and found one and sat down on it and started talking. I am not saying I gave up my man card but I lost it and I did cry. My daughter is leaving for college and it seems like yesterday she was born. I guess it is one of those things that you just have to do and I let it out. I have 2 girls and I am what you call a very proud dad for both of them. My youngest is going to be a junior in high school so it won't be long and she will leave me too.

   My daughter will be moving in her dorm room on the 13th of August and after she moves in and I get over being sad on that day I go to my Annual Training with the guard. I got this feeling that my daughter will be getting a lot of texts from her dear old dad and I don't think she will mind.

   I am not ashamed to say I cried and I bet any dad would when one of your kids moves on to the next step in there lives because eventually they are starting there own lives. That is a tough thing to swallow right now but it is going to happen. To top it off she graduates from High School tomorrow and I get to hear her name called out and see her walk the line. Yes I probably will cry again. Have a good night.

2 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Damn right, you do. That is a tremendous step if both of your lives. Tears of pride, of losing the 'little girl' and tears of all the money you will be spending. But to tell you the truth, I cried at my daughter's graduation from College. These kid do tend to make us proud.

ABNPOPPA said...

CS,

If you cried then.....just wait till she gets married and the first grandchild comes along. Believe me I know, been there done that....a couple of times!

You're a good man and dad,

Pops
@Conservative Outrage, the blog

Blog Archive