About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

WHATS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD

I was sitting here wondering WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS WORLD? I know what is wrong with it and they are giving the wrong people the praise and they are setting the wrong example. Here is a story I read on Facebook and I don't know if it is true or not but it does set the tone. Here is the story,

This week NBA player Jason Collins announced he was gay. He was showered with praise, calls from high level officials, including presidents, and bestowed the coveted title of hero. However at Ft Campbell KY on Monday, SFC Greg Robinson, 34, became the first amputee to complete the grueling 10 day Air Assault School. SFC Robinson lost his leg in Afghanistan in 2006. I am an Air Assault School grad and can attest to its rigor. During the course, SFC Robinson's prosthetic leg broke several times, and the standards were never lowered. Did SFC Robinson make magazine covers or get national praise? Nah, true American heroes don't need praise, they just serve and protect us. Air Assault! This was from Allen West's facebook page.

Like I said I do not know if this is true or not but just seeing the story let's us know that there is a lot of people out there who deserve the recognition as hero's and they do not get it.
Here are just a few:

March 2013 Casualties

Sixteen Heroes gave their lives for our country this month

Spc. Cody D. Suggs, 22, of West Alexandria, Ohio
Tech. Sgt. Larry D. Bunn, 43, of Bossier City, La
Capt. Andrew M. Pedersen-Keel, 28, of South Miami, Fla.
Staff Sgt. Rex L. Schad, 26, of Edmond, Okla.
Chief Petty Officer Christian Michael Pike, 31, of Peoria, Ariz.
Spc. David T. Proctor, 26, of Greensboro, N.C
Staff Sgt. Steven P. Blass, 27, of Estherville, Iowa
Chief Warrant Officer Bryan J. Henderson, 27, of Franklin, La.
Capt. Sara M. Knutson, 27, of Eldersburg, Md.
Staff Sgt. Marc A. Scialdo, 31, of Naples, Fla.
Spc. Zachary L. Shannon, 21, of Dunedin, Fla
Chief Warrant Officer James E. Groves III, 37, of Kettering, Ohio
Sgt. 1st Class James F. Grissom, 31, of Hayward, Calif.
Sgt. Tristan M. Wade, 23, of Indianapolis, Ind.
Sgt. Michael C. Cable, 26, of Philpot, Ky
Chief Warrant Officer Curtis S. Reagan, 43, of Summerville, S.C

February 2013 Casualties


One marine lost his life in defense of our freedoms this month.
Staff Sgt. Jonathan D. Davis, 34, of Kayenta, Ariz

January 2013 Casualties


Sgt. Aaron X. Wittman, 28, of Chester, Va.
Sgt. David J. Chambers, 25, of Hampton, Va.
Sgt. Mark H. Schoonhoven, 38, of Plainwell, Mich.

This list is just this year and I did not see there names on the cover of any magazine or the main heading on any newspaper.

I think it is time we admire the real hero's in this world and it is not someone who is a famous sports star, actor, actress, congressman, senator, or anyone else who decides to come out of the closet. This is just my opinion and I am sticking by it. I hope you all have a great day.











No comments:

Blog Archive