About Me

My photo
I am a Dad to two beautiful girls and a husband to a very gorgeous wife. I am very proud of my family and the way they give me so much support. I guess I do not need to win the lottery, I have already won.

Monday, August 4, 2014

RESPECT

Well here is my gripe for the day. 
I was always brought up to say Sir or Ma'am to whom ever I am talking too. So I looked up the word Sir in the dictionary and it defines sir as a respectful or formal term of address used to a man: I also looked up Ma'am and it says  is used as a title of respect, especially when addressing a lady. Now with that being said maybe we should know that when someone calls you Ma'am or Sir it is out of respect and not an insult.

I have had people tell me when I say Sir that Sir is my dad and that is not me. I will still call you Sir. My daughters have been raised up to say Sir or Ma'am and it is out of respect.

So the next time someone calls you Sir or Ma'am, remember that they are showing the respect you deserve and they are not saying you are old or as an insult. Take the respect you might not get it all the time.

1 comment:

Renee said...

I completely "get it". I was raised to show that level of rest to everyone; it just comes out without thinking about it first. Then it seems to cheapen the respect when others dismiss it. I keep saying Sir and Ma'am...if I don't I think my Dad would haunt me!

Blog Archive